Sometimes it may be faster to launch and update JoinMe as the currently-logged-in user rather than logging out as that user and logging back in as an administrator. In those cases you can follow these instructions to launch and update JoinMe as a privileged user without logging out as the current user.
- Open a Terminal
- Switch user to root (su root); you may have to su to administrator first
- Launch JoinMe: /Applications/join.me.app/Contents/MacOS/join.me
- JoinMe will launch and update successfully, then you should close JoinMe
- Now you may launch JoinMe from the Dock as the user
- Remember to exit out of your changed user session in the Terminal (and close the Terminal if appropriate)
(This is important only only on a Mac. Windows doesn’t require elevation to run this update.)